United Way of the Lower Eastern Shore, in partnership with the Wicomico County State’s Attorney Office and Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office, recently announced the 2nd Annual Lower Shore Addiction Awareness Visual Arts Competition.
The contest is open to Middle School and High School Students in Wicomico, Worcester, Somerset and Dorchester Counties. Students must create a piece of art that expresses how drug addiction affects them personally. The Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office is providing cash prizes generated from seized drug money for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Honorable Mentions in each county, along with support from a United Way grant.
The contest is geared toward school-aged children as part of a community-wide effort to foster awareness and promote the risks of drug use to youth.
Deadline for art submission is April 1st and winning artwork will be displayed with an awards reception at Downtown Salisbury 3rd Friday on May 19th.
1. Open to students attending Middle or High School in Wicomico, Worcester, Somerset and Dorchester Counties.
2. Students may submit one piece of art: paintings, drawings, collages, mixed media, photography, sculpture or video.
3. Submissions may be up to 28" x 28" and no more than 15 lbs.
4. Film submissions must be on USB.
5. Artwork must be ready to be displayed
6. Artwork must be submitted to the student's home school art teacher no later than April 1st. Entries will not be accepted if delivered directly to United Way.
Questions? Contact Olivia Momme: 410-742-5143 or firstname.lastname@example.org